- Start early. The earlier, the better — you don’t want to be doing everything the night before the big move, as when it comes to packing, it’s amazing how often things can go wrong.
- Label each box. Labelling them by room is the best way to do this, but it doesn’t hurt to make note of the contents either, especially if the items are delicate.
- Ensure all boxes are full. When it comes time to load your boxes, you’re running the risk of crushing the boxes if they aren’t completely full.
- Wrapping material. Use wrapping material such as foam or bubble wrap everyplace possible, particularly for valuable items. Be sure to wrap any breakable or delicate items separately.
- Furniture. When dismantling furniture, be sure to keep all nuts and bolts in a separate, small plastic bag. Separate the bags according to the item of furniture.
- Sharp items: Ensure any sharp items such as knives or work tools are covered or wrapped to avoid them from cutting holes in your boxes.
- Don’t pack anything you’re going to need during the day — wallets and phones for example. It’s also good to keep a box with some essentials such as pens, paper, coffee, tea, sugar Etc.
Call State 2 State Removals today on 1300 496 571 or simply complete our quick online form and one of our professional removalists will call you back.